1:11 PM

Gustav....

We are having very high winds today in light of Gustav sitting right in the middle of the gulf... likely there will also be some rain bands/tornado watches later on today. I am starting to feel like a true Floridian when I feel very untouched by any news of hurricanes.... A sort of media desensitizing has occurred. I feel bad for the people on the Gulf Coast. I know a class 4 or 5 hurricane in the Tampa Bay area would be just as catastrophic, yet somehow over the last few decades we have been untouched... Amazingly...

In other news, we are getting very excited for our vacation. I am ready to go and experience 40 degree nights again. We are talking a 40-50 degree tempature drop from our weather today! Crazy!

And can I just say, I am sooo thrilled on McCain's VP pick.... I would love to see her be the first woman President if anything happened, way before I would like to see Billary take office! I think it is awesome for her to go in and show woman and wives and moms everywhere that making a difference is possible. Just another reason McCain has my vote!

NObama!

0 comments: