7:51 AM

29 reasons to be thankful

In light of my 29 years here on this earth, as of yesterday, I decided to list 29 things I am thankful for. In no random order, of course.

1. God.
2. My husband, who made me a yummy mocha this morning
3. My beautiful and fiesty son, Elijah
4. A very nice roof over our head, at least for now
5. My family back in Idaho- Mom, Dad, & Siblings
6. My family in Cali- Dad, Sun, Tiana, Fiona, Aunt Linda, & the rest of the bunch
7. My wild family in Virginia- Dalena, Andy, and awesome nieces and nephews
8. World peace- wait, this is what I would be thankful for if I was Ms. America!
9. Starbuck's being conveniently located 3/4 of a mile from my home (Hallelujah)
10. My church family- We love Willow Bend and everyone there
11. When my son goes to sleep. This I am truly thankful for!
12. Pedicures. I don't get them often at all but they are great.
13. Debit cards. Don't leave home without them!
14. Keeping in touch with old and new friends. I have had so many amazing and close friends in the last 29 years and I am thankful for all of them!
15. A good place to work. This is really important.
16. My bachelor's degree.
17. Publix being just down the road for me now. Saving me 10+ minutes running to the store for frivilous things like butter.
18. My husband being able to cook. Sweet
19. Living in America. We really are very blessed
20. Having traveled around Europe. Once in a lifetime experience never to be forgotten
21. All my sins being forgiven on the cross. Wow!
22. 7-11 slurpies in the summer.
23. Epiderals for pain relief during labor!
24. Olive Garden soup and salad. Yum-o
25. The Office on NBC- my mid-week stress and comedy relief
26. A nice running vehicle.
27. My In-laws, who have made raising my son a whole lot easier. they are great.
28. Tax Returns- I can't file yet but I am anxiously awaiting my $ back.
29. My life in general. I hope the next 29 years are as sweet as the last.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday!

I have to admit, I've never been to a Starbucks. Does that make me a big fat loser? :)

Unknown said...

OK so I totally thought about you on your birthday and intended to wish you a happy one... BUT as usual I had a brain fat attack soon thereafter and totally spaced it!!!

I hope you had a great one!